STILL in the dining room - all of our dining room furniture matches - it also matches our bedroom furniture. The furniture was my parents and they bought it when they first got married in the early 1950s. I still really like it. It's classic shaker style.
The manufacturer is Sligh furniture. They now make mostly office furniture, but back in the day, they made everything. A few years back, I e-mailed the company to see if I could get more information on it. The president e-mailed me back saying that what I was describing was the "Cross Country" line.
The bedframe that we have is full size - we now have a king size bed, so we don't use that. I would really like to get a matching headboard or frame. I don't know if I will ever find a 1950's original, but I bet I could get something made that would be close to the grayish tint.
You'll see that a lot of my stuff is handed down from family. I think I finally realize the "worth" of it. Not just money-wise, but memory-wise.
The manufacturer is Sligh furniture. They now make mostly office furniture, but back in the day, they made everything. A few years back, I e-mailed the company to see if I could get more information on it. The president e-mailed me back saying that what I was describing was the "Cross Country" line.
The bedframe that we have is full size - we now have a king size bed, so we don't use that. I would really like to get a matching headboard or frame. I don't know if I will ever find a 1950's original, but I bet I could get something made that would be close to the grayish tint.
You'll see that a lot of my stuff is handed down from family. I think I finally realize the "worth" of it. Not just money-wise, but memory-wise.
No comments:
Post a Comment