The last two weeks have been so trying, but our family is so lucky that it has not been life threatening (except the day of the surgery).
Vincent has has a few set backs. He had allergic reactions to two pain medicine. The second reaction was worst than the first. His tongue and mouth swelt up. They finally got that under control and then he started having fevers. Somedays as high as 103 degrees - which landed him back in ICU.
The fevers put off his coming home which was supposed to happen on the 11th. Now it's just waiting for him to be fever free for at least 24-48 hours before he can be release.
I am planning on going to NY this Thursday. That morning, it will be decided if I go to Buffalo or if I go to their home in Canisteo to visit. It doesn't matter to me. Either way, I will be just hanging out with the bro.
If he is home by Thursday, I will be able to spend some time with my youngest neice before she goes to college on Saturday. If I go to Buffalo, I will be giving my SIL some relief and she will be able to go home and help my niece get ready for college.
Either way, it will be a blessing to see my brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment