Thursday, March 7, 2013

Becoming Betty Crocker: Beer Simmered Smoked Sausage & Potatoes

Last week when I did this recipe, I had put today's recipe in the docket for this week.  Now it says smoked sausage, but I had pulled out turkey polish keilbasa.  I know - totally changed the meats in these two recipes!

So today's recipe is Beer Simmered Smoked Sausage & Potatoes.  You may or may not know this, I am not a beer drinker, but I figured I would try this since I knew hubby would like it.

This was really easy to make.  A couple changes I made:  I used bottled minced garlic & put about 1/3 cup in it instead of the 4 garlic cloves;  I used a green pepper instead of green onions at the end.  Beer of choice was Labats Blue.

Pre-cooked - just after putting the beer in
 
 
All done!
 
 
Hubby LOVED it - me on the other hand, not so much.  It was all right, but I left the onions on my plate (I didn't have peppers, they don't like me).  I tried to eat them, but they tasted too much like beer.  The potatoes & kielbasa was ok.  I'll make it again for hubby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment