Saturday, March 9, 2013

Savings Summary Saturday - March 9, 2013

Items sent for:
  • n/a - nothing this week.
Grocery Shopping (and other savings) this week:
  • Safeway - I usually don't shop here, but I was totally out of diet coke & they had a really good special
    • coke products - b2g2 - I used 2 free 12 pack coupons ($4.99 max) and paid $3.
    • Oreos - free when you buy 4 coke products plus used a $1/1 off coupon - credit of $1
    • shredded cheese - bogo & used 55 cent coupon that was double - paid $1.81 each

  • Giant
    • received an extra 300 gas points by purchasing over $50 and using coupon
    • Purex - regular $5.49 - on sale for $1.99 and used $1/1 coupon
    • Monday is marked down meat day - there is usually a bunch of meat with $2 coupons on them.
    • picked up 3 dog toys for $1.14 each - once again, they were all detailed wrong & marked as mice cat toy regular price of $2.29
      • retail prices - $5.99, $4.30 and $7.99

Gas Savings:
  • Hubby used the Exxon card which gives us money in the Upromise account.
Income (Starting to post again to Ebay & Yardsellr & Listia. My goal is to post at least one item a day.):
  • Listia
    • won 3902 credits $1.69 paid out for shipping (when buying credits it is less than 1 cent/credit).
    • Posted items that I haven't been able to sell on Yardsellr or Ebay.
  • Ebay
    • Posted several items
    • sold one item for $40 (buy it now for $20 & shipping for $20).
  • Used Capital One's ATM for a deposit & I'm supposed to get $5 credit to our account.  It was really cool - no deposit slip just insert the check & the image shows up on the receipt!
Items received in the mail:
  • coupons for TGIFridays
  • movie from Swapadvd.com
  • two coupons from Nature Made (turned in rewards)
  • free Rolling Stone magazine (rewardsgold.com)
2012 New Year, New Goals - to continue in 2013!
  • Use rewards programs to get gifts and daily stuff -
    • Cashed in
      • Capital One
        • ordered $25 Home Depot gift card
      • Lean Cuisine Rewards
        • ordered $15 Amazon gift card
  • Use Restaurant.com coupons -
  • Set up an Estate -
  • Monthly Review/Net Worth
    • I created a new budget with only one income and used Quicken so that I am able to run reports to see how well we are staying on track.
    • See From D.I.N.K to O.I.N.K.- February summary

No comments:

Post a Comment