Growing up, I can remember "playing" car wash with my aunt's car and cleaning the inside of it. I can remember I used to play that I was cleaning the General Lee from "The Dukes of Hazzard" and John Schneider would be flirting with me.
I've always been good about cleaning my car. Not as much now, but still, the Jeep is in good condition for being 9 years old.
Anyway, when I stopped for gas awhile ago, there was a guy selling car cleaner in an aerosol can. He did a demonstration and explained the product. Of course he had a "deal" with the more I bought. I got sucked in. I figured it would be good for Dan's car since he's been really good about taking care of the outside of it so far. I ended up getting 3 bottles plus 3 microrags for $35 (plus tax). I asked how many washes would I be able to get out of it and he said about 6-7 washes. Almost immediately, I had buyers remose, but too late (I think I felt guilty for spending some money).
I finally got the stuff out this week so that the Jeep would look good for our trip.
First up was the inside of the car. I just vacuumed and used Armour All on it. The next day, I pulled out the new product.
This was the easiest stuff to use. Just spray a portion, wipe with a towel to haze it and then use the microtowel to wipe off. Just like waxing. This stuff worked wonders. The Jeep looks great afterwards.
Of course the next day, it rained and I was out in it. Guess what, the cleaning wax worked! The water was beading up all over the Jeep!
The downside to this stuff - so much for it lasting for 6-7 washes. It took 1 1/2 bottles to do the Jeep. I would recommend this stuff - it works! It's always better washing your car by hand than going thorugh a car wash. The machine always misses something.
I am going to look online to see if I can get it cheaper though.
No comments:
Post a Comment