Friday, September 7, 2007

Entry for September 02 to Sept. 07, 2007 - the cruise to Bermuda.

Entry for September 02 to Sept. 07, 2007 - the cruise to Bermuda.

09/08/2007 09:32 am
0 comments
0 trackbacks
0 Pageviews..September 7, 2007 (typed on the 8th) - getting off the ship.....



Yesterday went well, we were on our way home by 9:30 a.m. We went straight home then stopped for lunch at Chipotle before picking up Esa. She's GROWN! We both can tell she's filled out some. She did very well at grandma & grandpa's and sounds like they had fun with her.



I skipped SP's final luncheon with the National group and MWAA. I was just so tired yesterday and we still had a lot to get done. Plus, my tummy wasn't doing very well. I guess all of that food caught up with me!



September 6, 2007 - 9:15 p.m. - on the way back to Baltimore



Last full day on the ship today!



We woke up a little later than we expected - even with the extra hour. So, we missed the first seminars we wanted to go to at 10 a.m. (towel origami for Dan & a spa seminar for me). We went to breakfast and then decided to participate in the slot tournament. That was a lot of fun. We both ended up in the final round. I won my round and Dan got 3rd place in his. I was running in 3rd the whole final round and then the guy next to me past me. I would of won a t-shirt. First prize got $225 and 2nd prize was $97.



The afternoon was busy - Dan participated in napkin folding, trivia and suduko (where he won a medal!) while I went to scrapbooking and the last art auction. We then went to another trivia together.



We went to the last final show that featured a former olympian. We got an autograph and a picture with him. Now it's backing and back at port by 8 a.m. tomorrow morning.



September 5, 2007 - 10:30 - way back to Baltimore



9 years ago today - we got married! It doesn't seem that long.



We finished our shopping in the Naval Dockyard where there boat is docked. We still didn't know what to get Harry for watching Esa. We found a wedgwood dish and a painting of what is on the dish for Lois, but didn't see anything that caught our eye for Harry. We finally decided on two shirts from the ship and a little shotglass stein.



Dan wasn't too happy that I got him something for our anniversary since we decided we were going to get something while on the ship. I really didn't see anything that I liked while we were shopping - yesterday or today. Dan got me "The Dog Whisperer" DVD. I can't wait to watch it!



We left Bermuda at 3:30. We were already on the ship since we were done with the shopping. This afternoon was dollar origami (for Dan), a scrapbooking workshop (I just picked up diecuts), another art auction (I think we're done buying, but did see some items we liked), music trivia (mostly musicals, so we didn't do very well) and then a show.



The day will be packed with things to do tomorrow - seems like everything we want to go to is at the same time! Also, it'll be time to pack. :( I do look forward to seeing the baby girl, though!



September 4, 2007 - 11:15 p.m. - BERMUDA!



I'm so tired - my knees really hurt. We did so much walking today.



We started the day with a ferry ride to Hamilton and then directly onto a bus for a tour of the island. We had a great bus driver (with an attitude), but it ended up a good attitude. She just was taking control of the situation.



First "stop" was a drive through of the botanical gardens. The driver gave out a lot of good information. Next was John Smith's Bay where the driver said it was the pinkest beach. I just couldn't see the "pink". The Aquarium and Zoo, then an old fort (Fort St. Catherine). I was not impressed with the fort, but loved the view. Each stop was very short - about 30 minutes each. The end point was St. George, where we went to the perfume factory and the one store where we bought a replacement print that was lost/stolen. Then the ferry back to the ship. Before getting on the ship, we went to the rum cake factory and glass factory. Back to the ship for dinner and then back out for the festival.



I did a little shopping at the local vendors and then we watched the local marching band and pipe corp.



September 3, 2007 - 5:30 p.m. - at sea



Today started with a scrapbooking seminar - but the thing is, it wasn't really. They just had construction paper, regular glue sticks and scrapbooking punches and scissors. I made the best of it and did a couple of 8 1/2 X 11 pages on the construction paper and used what punches they had. They did have some good punch outs - the word cruise and vacation, suitcases, tags and ships.



12 noon was the Bermuda shopping seminar. We got a free drawing of a local artist in Bermuda that has a store there, but by 2 p.m. Dan had misplaced it at the Suduko seminar that he went to (and won a Royal Carribean pen).



2 p.m. was the art auction. I just wanted to go for the raffle and the free print that you got, but we ended up seeing a couple of prints that we liked. The first one, struck a chord with the both of us - it's of Garfield and Jon with Garfield on a leash and Jon pulling him with the word Stubborn. OH how much that reminds us of Esa! So I put a pre-bid on it and we won it!



The other ones that we liked were of Charlie Brown and Snoopy, NY City, a garden one and one of Garfield and Norman Rockwell. Well, we ended up getting the Garfield and Norman Rockwell one! You can never go wrong with the cartoons (esspecially with us)!



The auction didn't end until late, so we just finished getting a snack. They are having the formal dinner tonight, and we are skipping it. We are really enjoying the buffet area.



10:30 p.m.



dinner and then paying for our art pieces. We ended up buying two more pieces. Also bought a picture of Dan when he was up by the pool today. When we came back to our room, we had a little surprise. The state attendent made a towel origami (I'll have to post the picture) of a dog watching tv with Dan's sunglasses on and the remot in it's paw, with a diet coke holding it's head up.



Tomorrow is Bermuda!



September 2, 2007 - 8:10 p.m. - sailing off!



Man, it's weird not having the pup around today. Dan was already missing her by the time we got home from his mom's yesterday!



The morning trip to Baltimore went well with a few detours. I was busy reading a magazine when Dan missed the turn for 495 and we ended up going to 66 and making a u-turn. Then when we got to Baltimore, the first detour was from me skipping a line in the directions. When we did get to the terminal that the directions told us to go to, the ship wasn't there so we had to do another u-turn and go back in the direction we came. We finally got to the terminal and everything went well. Until Dan realized he didn't have his license. He had taken it out at the first terminal so that we could do a u-turn. So Dan had to go back out to the car to get his license. He didn't need it since we had our passports, but he would have been worrying about it the whole cruise if he didn't know where it was. I don't blame him.



We've ate so much today! We went to the buffet when we got here and we went there for dinner too - we skipped the "formal" dining. It isn't formal except tomorrow, but we're both getting tired. We've gone to the casino (Dan took blackjack lessons and I did $10 in slots), did a trivia contest, did some shopping at the onboard shops (no great shopping in this ship - just picked up some postcards), bought our boarding picture, and have done A LOT of walking.



We're heading off to movie music trivia and then at 10 p.m., there's giveaways. Then it'll probably be bedtime for me.



BTW - the boat is rocking. I don't remember feeling it like this when we took the cruise the first time. I did rock late in the cruise, but this has basically started since we pushed off.



9:25 p.m.



We won the movie music trivia! There were 3 other teams and we got 21 points. The next closest was 17 points. We won 2 keychains (and bragging rights).



Oh - Dan is wearing his "Dan the Man" shirt today and boy, is that a hit! Even since we got to the ship terminal people have been saying something about it - "watch out, here comes Dan the man" "Is your name really Dan?" "There he is, Dan the man again!"



Dan's off at the arcade and we're meeting up for the giveaways at 10 p.m. I'll check in tomorrow. This seems to work well for keeping track of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment