Thursday, September 27, 2007

Entry for September 27, 2007

Entry for September 27, 2007
09/27/2007 04:01 pm
0 comments
0 trackbacks
0 Pageviews..

I just had to post this -

Mullets Galore



What is it? Growing up in the 1980s, I still clearly remember the legions of dudes with names like Scott and Rusty who always wore "frosted" Levis 501s (tight), hard-rock and metal tour T-shirts (Night Ranger, Megadeth), white high-top basketball shoes (loosely laced at the top), and on their heads the coup de grĂ¢ce, the crown of their identities, the mullet haircut. These creatures were known to the rest of us as "frosted short-longs." I sometimes saw them from an upside-down position as they held me by the feet, yelling "You like that, [expletive omitted]?" Ah, the sunny days of youth. Anyway, the mullet remains a fascinating cultural artifact, and Mullets Galore has been documenting it better and longer than anyone. The site has broken the notorious short-in-front-long-in-back hairstyle (aka "business in the front, party in the back") into perhaps 30 subcategories, including the Euromullet, the Camaro-mullet, the Classic Mullet, and the Femullet. A must-see.

No comments:

Post a Comment