Esa and Zed go to the dog park every once in awhile. Yesterday, we went to Brambleton's Central Bark. After four years, I'm used to people say about Esa "She's so beautiful!", and lately, "She's so calm", which I answer "thank you" and "lots and lots of training". We always get asked what type of dog she is.
Yesterday, was no different. We got asked what type of dog and when I replied "Husky/Shepherd", one of the lady's replied "Have you had a DNA test done on her, she looks like a Shiba Inu" I replied, "she's too big. That breed is small." Her response "They come in large sizes too." When I told them the results on the DNA test 2 and DNA test 1, one of the other lady said that her friend's didn't come back accurate either.
She was also trying to guess what kind of dog Zed is. I did hear her say "terrier", then she asked. I responded "Heinz 57 - your guess is as good as mine. Our vet can't even tell" Then came the DNA conversation (above).
Later on, a guy came with 2 german shepherds that were very well behave. He commented on the one Labradoodle who wouldn't drop a ball that was a puggle's. The owner said no, he doesn't drop and mentioned about having to go to the emergency room to get stitches because she tried to get a chicken bone out of it's mouth. He continued about how his dogs obey because of the shock collar and tried to show the lady how it works, but she was totally against even looking at it.
I know he was trying to help, but people who use that need to remember that not everyone believes in them, plus you need to keep in mind the dog personality. I bet you anything she could easily train the Labradoodle to drop by click training. People just don't take the time to figure out what works with their dog.
People are funny. I know people are trying to make conversation while their dogs play, but some funny conversations (or should I say "you should do this" conversations) happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment