Entry for May 11, 2007
05/11/2007 09:10 am
0 comments
0 trackbacks
0 Pageviews..
OH - I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND! I'm so tired. Dan is so tired, he's losing patience. He said last night he came home and was so hungry (he forgot to take his lunch so the last time he ate was lunch). Esa wouldn't leave him alone and he kind of lost it - he slammed her toy into the couch to get her attention. He was losing his patience this morning too. He mentioned about thinking about calling in sick.
Let me just say - THIS is why (one of the reasons) we don't have kids. Dan loses his patience so easily - and he knows Esa doesn't understand - she just wants to play. I also think that Esa is the Alpha in the relationship with Dan (what a pushover!). Me on the other hand, I know that I NEED to be the alpha female with her.
We'll see how things go this weekend - I'll probably have to have a talk with him. Dan even mentioned he hasn't been able to mow the lawn because someone needs to watch her - I told him, just put her in the crate while you go out and mow the lawn (seemed like an easy solution to me!).
Esa and I went for a walk yesterday evening and actually met some of the neighborhood dogs. Two families were talking on the corner (one in their yard, one walking by) and Esa saw the dog they were walking and just sat down and watched. Then the couples said, bring her over - so Esa got to play with a pug (that was being walked) and play through the fence with a terrier. It's amazing how friendly people are when you have a dog.
Once we got back, I was trying to take care of our lilac bush, but Esa was all over me, so I took her inside. 5 minutes later, I walk in and there's kleenex all over the place! She had jumped up on the couch and pulled the kleenex box off of the table behind the sofa. Of course, it's just a game for her to get the kleenex out of her mouth. The other thing she was after last night were the scissors that were on a side table in the remote/pen holder. Now, that was dangerous! I've told Dan expect the remote to go missing one day - she's already picked it up twice. Outside, it was a big chunk of mulch. Everything she picks up, I'm thinking - OH NO! I've watched too much Emergency Vet on Animal Planet.
Esa was able to meet the bunnies in our backyard last night. I was trying to get the bunny to run out - thinking that Esa would go chasing after it - it didn't move. So Esa heads down the stairs and sees the bunny, but just watches it. She then goes towards the right to do her business (the bunny was on the left side of the yard). Then the bunny goes running out - well - Esa MUST of thought it was going to run towards her because she come RUNNING back into the house and stands behind me. She wouldn't go back out until I went outside first. It was hilarious! I guess it's kind of good that she's kind of hesitant of new things - maybe her personality will be more shepherd than husky.
This weekend, Esa will be meeting Grandma. We're going to see Dan's mom and Harry (her husband) on Sunday. OH - and the big thing - Esa's first bath. I'll probably have to put on my bathing suit for that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment