Entry for May 16, 2007.
05/16/2007 10:15 am
0 comments
0 trackbacks
0 Pageviews..
Poor Dan – I think he is realizing that Esa is "my" dog.
Last night at 1:45 AM, he was trying to get Esa to sleep and she just kept barking. I came downstairs because I figured he wasn’t home. He was sitting there in front of the crate and said "I’ve been trying for half an hour to get her to lay down". I sat down and said lay down (a couple of times) and she did – Dan’s like “she likes you better than me” - WHAT COULD I SAY! I just shrugged my shoulders and said “she knows who mommy is”.
That's the second time he's mentioned something like that to me. He mentioned that she listens to me (ie to come in from outside), but he sometimes has to carry her in.
Last night, I stopped at Shoppers and picked up a couple of "dollar" toys - slim pickings, but at least it will get us through to Saturday when we go to Petsmart. I picked up a couple of round rawhides, some square ones, treats, and a "stuffed" toy that has fleece, a round cord on top, a squeeky,and felt "legs & arms (the picture is similar to the one I picked up). She LOVES it - but I had to cut off the felt tassles that were all over the side of the body - Esa immediately got pieces off of them. I don't think it will last very long.....
I gave her a round rawhide last night and she got a piece off of it, and of course, right before bed time, tried to "bury" it - in the house. Finally she just put it down on the stairs. Dan said this morning he gave it to her while she was outside (and he was busy picking up her "business"). He turned back around and she had buried it.
No comments:
Post a Comment