Wednesday night (12/22) was spent wrapping presents and stuffing stockings. Funny how the pups KNEW exactly what were their presents. They were ALL over me when I was stuffing their stockings. My co-workers gave me the idea of geocaching Dan’s presents. So I spent about 30 minutes getting coordinates and hiding empty boxes and 2 of his presents (2 X-Box games). His other presents were all 7 Harry Potter books. As of today, he’s on the 2nd book. This gift isn’t going to last long!
Thursday at work was nice. The boss took us out for lunch (Chipotle) and then he bought us flowers!
Friday morning, we started the Christmas Eve Dinner preparation. We decided to skip lunch and eat a little early (like 2 or 3 pm). Dinner ended up wonderful! We decided not to make all the bread dough into Zeppole so I suggested making the cinnamon rolls recipe that was on the bag. The pups had their Christmas treat while we ate.
After dinner it was present time! The pups got their stockings first. Poor Zed – he’s always hesitant when it comes to new things or major motion. He jumped on the couch and got out of the way, while Esa was all over the stockings.
The “mindgame” went over well too with Esa. I wasn’t sure how long it would last, but I think it might as long as it’s not just sitting out and she has it without supervision. Zed finally warmed up to his presents on Christmas Day and also played one (of the three) games on the “mindgame”.
I opened the two non-Dan presents first. My co-worker got me a BUNCH of hockey scrapbooking items. I can’t wait to use them! My yearly secret santa (we know who it is, but I cannot say), gave me an IPad. LOVE IT! He always gets me (and Dan) something we would not get ourselves.
Dan got me gifts from my Amazon.com wishlist. Dogma calendar
Dan opened his books first and then it was time for the geocaching. I shocked him with it. The whole time he was like “this is cool, but I’m going to kill you!”.
Christmas Day was our tradition of Chinese at lunchtime. Our friends/neighbors Stephanie, Dan & Jax met us at the neighborhood Chinese place. Stephanie did a GREAT job wrapping our present. It was fun ripping it apart too! Thanks guys. The rest of the day was spent watching “A Christmas Story
Sunday, Dan had to work (overtime) so I did some shopping at CVS and a getting a few groceries.
BTW - Zed is doing well. We stopped giving him pain meds on Thursday morning and he hasn't been in pain since. We have made sure that Esa doesn't play with him. I think Zed realizes that she's the reason he was hurting because as soon as she acts like she's going to play with him, he growls.









No comments:
Post a Comment