So after having 4 days off at home and accomplishing things that I just haven't gotten around to in forever (like steam cleaning the upstairs), I start thinking, I need to focus if I really want to retire by the time I am 50. At this rate, it's not going to happen.
I was thinking of maybe doing a "Saving Summary Saturday" - how I saved and earned extra money during the week. I just don't know if it will keep me focused - I'm hoping it will! I'm taking this idea from Thrifty Ways and Ideas. Each week, Maria (the owner) posts what she has done during the week to save. I enjoy seeing how Maria saves during the week and it motivates me (unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up on reading her blog!).
MAYBE, just maybe, this will motivate me. So, here's the starting point.....
MyPoints (personal account) - 6,217 points
MyPoints (coupon account) - 2,435 points
Swagbucks - 1,812 points
Listia - 330 credits
Postpoints - 2,180 points
mycokerewards - 3,523 points
Bondrewards - $20.31
Upromise - $11.47
Capital One Rewards - 8,781 miles
These are the accounts I have been most active in lately (except Postpoints - I'm getting back into that). Most of them are just a clickthrough site or are linked to credit cards. Listia is going to cost some money because of shipping, but we'll see how I come out on it. At least I'm getting rid of stuff.
To learn more about the programs I use to "earn money" please see the tab "How We are Saving to Retire Early"
No comments:
Post a Comment