I'm two days behind on this, but I'm still doing the entry!
Stephanie's theme - photos - old photos to be exact. Man, do I have plenty of them! But, Stephanie's entries has gotten me remembering pictures that I have looked at many, many times. I understand Stephanie's wonder at the old pics because no matter how many times I look at the family pictures, I feel the same as she does. It's a glimpse into your family and its history. You might have been there, you might have not been.
Since Monday is Halloween, I figure I'd pull some old Halloween pictures. I remembered this one of me in my cat suit and my brothers. Unfortunately, I knew it was in my Aunt Helen's album, but I had no idea where it was last night. So, last night, after handing out candy, I am searching for the albums. I have pictures and albums EVERYWHERE! Upstairs in the office (future scrapbooking room), in the guest room closet, in the basement storage - EVERYWHERE! The old pictures are still in boxes that they came into the house in. Anyway, looking upstairs, pulling everything out of the closet - not there. Next downstairs to Helen's boxes from the nursing home. Luckily, it was in the 2nd album I opened up!
And - here they are!
These were taken at Aunt Helen's house. Left to right, me, Brett & Vincent. Brett must have been a Planet of the Apes character and Vincent was a Chicken Leg from Red Barn (an OLD restaurant). The writing on the pictures are also Aunt Helen's.
There I am! My mom made my costume. I remember it was an orange cat (gee, imagine that!), but the fabric was itchy (because of the sparkly material). I know I have some other pictures of this same year with my nieghbors - who knows where though!


No comments:
Post a Comment