Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Souvenir


Stephanie picked another great topic this week - childhood toys/stuffed animals.  Believe it or not, I still have a LOT of my toys.  At first, it was to pass them onto my kids.  Of course, we never had any.  Then I started thinking about passing them onto my nephew and nieces, but I realized that the toys wouldn't last long.  So my toys have been in one of my hope chests.  Below are some pictures of a few of my toys and stories behind them.

This is me and Pinkie.  Gee, imagine me with a stuffed animal cat!  I don't know who gave me this, but I still have it.  I am about 2 in this picture.  Don't you love the old school stroller?  Looks more like a shopping cart!

Here I am at my neighbor's house with my Hello Dottie doll.  I'm probably 4 here.  Growing up, everyday, and I mean everyday, I was with my neighbors, Kim and Karen.  I do not remember a time in my life without them.  I still consider them my sisters.  And as sisters, we fought - probably every day, but when it came to gifts, obviously our moms were pretty smart because to keep the peace.......
We got the same gifts!  At least Kim (on the right) & I did.  I'm sure Karen (on the left) played with them.  Yes, I still have my Hello Dottie and it still works.

I don't know what I will do with my toys, but it's still fun going through them and remembering.

1 comment:

  1. So cool the memories and the sweet pictures of Little Ronalyn! :)

    ReplyDelete