Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Souvenir


Stephanie picked a great theme this week - favorite childhood television shows.  I have quite a few stories/memories based on TV, but I'll limit it to two.
Once again, this week will include my friends/neighbors, Kim & Karen.  Like I said last week, we were together ALL THE TIME.  Back in the day, playing included using your imagination and some were based on the shows we watched.
One of the games that Karen & I used to play was "The Magic Garden".  I can remember playing this under the apple tree in my front yard (no swing) and of course, the hosts had the same color hair as we did, so I would be Paula (dark hair) and Karen would be Carole (blonde hair).
When I was researching the links and pictures for this entry, what did I find, but Carole & Paula are still performing!  Who knew?!
Now, of course, when the three of us were together - what else would 3 girls play......
 
That's right - Charlie's Angels!  I would always be Kelly, Kim would always be Sabrina, and Karen would always be Jill (and then Kris when Farrah Fawcett left and Cheryl Ladd came in).  I can remember that Karen would always complain that she had to be Jill or Kris.
I haven't seen either shows in forever.  I refuse to watch the remakes because it ruins he memories.  I'm sure it wouldn't be the same, but someday, I will watch them.  

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the Charlie's Angels remakes either. I think the modern world interpretation wouldn't be the same. What made the Angels were special because women weren't "supposed" to be able to do what they did...yet. Movie makers really do need to come up with original ideas and quit messing with the classics.

    ReplyDelete