Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Fragments - June 22

Mommy's Idea


Things I learned this week:
  • There's no way that we will ever get hardwood floors with dog - all we heard all week was click, click, click of the toesnails on the floors.
  • Zed doesn't do well at the beach - emotionally & physically.  He didn't finally relax until about Wednesday.  Before that he had to constantly be with us and did not just lay down.  Physically, he was constantly scratching.  Since we've been home (5 hours), no scratching.
  • One day, we want to have a place at the beach.
  • The more I'm not at work, the more I want to retire.  I need to really stick to the plan to pay off the mortgage.
  • Read "self-help"/"learning" books even if you think you know all about it.  I had some ah-ha moments when I was reading "How to Shop for Free" this week.  It has been motivating.

2 comments:

  1. You make a great point about reading books even when you think you know the content. I'd say the same about re-reading non-fiction books, because you're always reading from a different frame of mind than you probably had years ago.

    Poor Zed. I was just (literally) reading about how dogs scratch sometimes just for emotional reasons.

    I'm impressed by your goal of getting rid of that mortgage--Your hard work will pay off, and you'll have that beach house :)

    Thanks for linking up to FF. For future reference, feel free to link up Thursday night, as I publish FF at 9pm central on Thursdays. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certain books I like to re-read. You always catch something you missed the first time thru.
    A beach house is a huge goal but also an AWESOME goal to have!

    ReplyDelete