Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Becoming Betty Crocker: Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork

So I was going through the April 26 issue of All You magazine (BTW - great magazine to get some coupons from) and saw this recipe.  Sounded good - of course anything in the slow cooker is good.

This was really easy to prepare before the slow cooker.  However, I suggest getting boullion cubes instead of canned broth - I only used 1/2 cup of broth hence the leftover.

 
 
The sauce

The rub
 
The chops browned and with rub on them
 
Ready for cooking
 
All of these steps probably took 15-20 minutes tops.  EASY PEASY!

AFTER DINNER:
OK - once again, I forgot to take a picture of it done!  Oh well - it was REALLY GOOD!  We had it with leftover white rice.  Definitely will make this again.  You could probably used any chicken instead of pork.


No comments:

Post a Comment