Saturday, April 20, 2013

Savings Summary Saturday - April 20, 2013

Items sent for:
  • Walmart cat food sample (to be donated).
Grocery Shopping (and other savings) this week (and previous week):
  • Giant
    • Monday is the day for meat markdown!  I got 2 petite sirloins for about $3 each and 3 pack of pork chops about $2. 
  • Petco
    • used a $5/$25 coupon, Purina Beneful treats were bogo - used 3 manufacturer coupons on 4 boxes and used a coupon for a free can of cat food (to be donated).
Gas Savings:
  • Hubby used the Exxon card which gives us cash back via Upromise.com

Income (Starting to post again to Ebay & Listia. My goal is to post at least one item a day.):
  • Listia
    • listed several items that didn't sell last time plus a couple of new items.  Received 1290 in credits - paid $7.80 in shipping.
  • Craigs List
    • relisted items.  I did have some interest in a couple of items.  I responded to their e-mails and then never heard back from them.  I'll try one more time and then off to Listia or donation they go.
  • Ebay
    • listed items for sale.  Sold 3 items for 99 cents each but made a little bit on the shipping (charged a flate fee or the shipping charged was greater than the actual cost).
  • Electronic recycling
    • I have been looking into several different electronics recycling websites to see how much money we could get for our old electronics.  Finally got around to do this.  I'm hoping to get $121.40!
Items received in the mail:
  • free Martha Stewart Living magazine (rewardsgold.com)
  • People magazine (signed up for 3 free magazines when shopped at Peebles)
Rewards programs:
MyPoints -  15580 points (personal account) - 15555 points -last week
MyPoints -   5236 points (coupon account) - 5097 points-last week
Swagbucks -  852  points (755 points-last week)
Listia - 61834 credits (46635 credits last week)
Postpoints - 3370  points (3,360 points last week)
mycokerewards - 7056  points (6937 points-last week)
Bondrewards - $27.81 ($27.61 - last week)
Upromise - $22.48 ($22.48 last week) available for transfer
Capital One Rewards -  2451 miles (2306 miles-last week)
Thanks Again - 1075 points (1075 points last week)
Viggle -  17993 points (13574 points - last week)
NCP - 48825  points (48335 points last week)
Daily Feats - 2467  points (2467 points last week)
ExpoTV -  220 points (220 points last week)
IBotta -$3.50 ($3.50 last week)
Jingit - $0.30 ($0.30 last week)

2012 New Year, New Goals - to continue in 2013!
  • Use rewards programs to get gifts and daily stuff -
  • Use Restaurant.com coupons -
  • Set up an Estate -
  • Monthly Review/Net Worth
    • I created a new budget with only one income and used Quicken so that I am able to run reports to see how well we are staying on track.
    • See From D.I.N.K to O.I.N.K.- March summary

No comments:

Post a Comment