Friday, April 19, 2013

The Housewife Tour 2013 - The Week In Review

Well, I really don't feel like I did much this week.  Maybe because the things I did took time.

Projects:
  • organizing and posting items for sale on Craigs List, Ebay and Listia.  Luckily, some things have sold.  I have figured out that 3 day sales are the best.
  • New toliet paper holder in the 1/2 bath.  I saw this a LONG time ago and have been wanting to do it, but it seemed like whenever I went to the craft store, they didn't have the vase I needed or they weren't on sale.  Score this week!  In stock & on sale (40% off).  I know, something so simple - but a GREAT idea!
    • Before
      After
       
  • Painted the door bells (yes, we have two - one regular door bell and one intercom system).  This project wasn't as easy as I thought.  I though both plastic covers came off and weren't connected to the wall.  Wrong.  So I ended up doing a backup plan.  Newspaper around the covers and spraying.  It didn't come out as clean as I thought it would (see around the edges - you can see some paint).  The paint was running down.  This wouldn't have happened if it was on the ground.  Oh well, it looks better than it did!  Last step will be changing out the house numbers.  I ordered them on Ebay and they forgot to put a double number in the order.  We should be getting that within the week.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment