Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Becoming Betty Crocker: Baked Penne

Like last week, there are a couple of items in the frig that need to be used soon or it wil be thrown out.  This week the main item is Philadelphia Cooking Creme in Italian Cheese and Herb.

So I picked Baked Penne. This was VERY, VERY easy. I did do some different things with the recipe. I used 1 lb of pasta & ground beef, no peppers, 1/2 cup of mozerella in the sauce, but no limit on the cheese on top. I used a 2 1/2 qt container for cooking.


The sauce mix

pre-cooked

cooked
 
 
We had garlic biscuits with it (the last roll of Grands with butter/garlic powder mix on top).  This is my Aunt Helen's recipe (down to the actual pan).
 
 
Dinner was a success.  Hubby really liked the topping (cheese & cooking creme).


No comments:

Post a Comment