Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"The Housewife Tour 2013" - The First DIY Project

About 10 years ago (when we moved into our house), we bought a sectional - a cream color sectional.  Not a big deal back then since it was just us and my cat, Babe, who basically shedded in clumps.  Seriously - clumps.  She would pull clumps of fur out or we would just find clumps sitting around. EASY TO CLEAN UP. 

Enter Esa - blond, but fur just kind of blends in.  No big problem.  Enter Zed - black fur - enter the fur problem with the couch.  I know, the easiest way to keep the couch clean, keep Zed off the couch (or get a new couch).  Luckily, all of the cushions have covers we can take off and wash so every once in awhile, I do that.  Today was that day.

The couch - all undone.
 
Still fur on the back of the couch after a lint brush AND using a rubber glove
 
 
Zed - thinking "What are you doing to my bed?" 
 
The other issue that happened was the fabric underneath was ripped at the front of the couch.  This is what happens when toys get stuck under the couch and a certain pup (Esa) tries to get them.  I bought replacement fabric for it awhile ago and today, since I was tearing the couch apart anyway, was the day to fix it.


My first DIY project!  AKA something I've never done before - couldn't be that hard could it?  All I need for the project is:

First step - removing the fabric and the extra staples -

Mid project with the supervisor checking out the work -
 
The finished project - 
 
Not bad - let's see how long it lasts (hopefully until we get a new couch (not sure when that is).  The staples didn't go in all of the way, but are holding the fabric & the corners are "wrapped" around the legs.
 
The couch is put back together and half of it is covered with blankets to keep it clean for a little while.


1 comment:

  1. Well done! We have a red couch and it has nice blend of tri-colour beagle fur!

    ReplyDelete