Thursday, February 14, 2013

Becoming Betty Crocker: Doggie Birthday Cake

Our baby girl, Esa, turns 6 today!

A couple of years ago, I made some cupcakes with a recipe from this website, but this time I decided to make an actual cake with the same recipe.

The recipe:
Peanut Butter Carrot Birthday Cake
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 egg
Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool.
 
A sleepy Sous Chef supervising
 
All mixed and ready to bake.
All baked!
 
And used this recipe from this website for the frosting.
 
Super Simple Kosher Peanut Butter Honey Frosting
The peanut butter frosting is easy to make and makes enough frosting for one 8-inch cake.
  • ¼ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  • ¼ cup Honey
  • 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and spread evenly over cake or muffins and serve.  The frosting can be made in larger or smaller quantities by keeping the ration of one part peanut butter with one part honey. Add only enough oil for a creamy consistency and easy spreading.

The frosting all mixed.

The finished product -

The kids enjoying the cake -

And I'll admit it - I tasted it - it was pretty dry.

NOTE:  I will admit, I am more comfortable baking items than cooking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment