Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Becoming Betty Crocker: Kielbasa with Peppers & Potatoes

A couple of weeks ago when we had dinner with our neighbors at their house, +Daniel Segall made kielbasa with peppers, potatoes & onions.  Since then I've wanted to try it.  Hillshire Farm sausages were on sale this week (bogo & I had a $1/2 coupon = approximately $1.70 each). 

Since I'm still in the Becoming Betty stages, I needed a recipe to at least give an idea what to do and I found this one - Kielbasa with Peppers and Potatoes.

I did a couple of things a little different.  I used Smoked Sausage, only used green peppers & added onions.  I also used McCormick's Seasoned Pepper Blend.


Pre-cooked sausage & potatoes
 
cooked with the peppers & onions (minus Dan's serving already taking out)
 
This was REALLY good!  Usually we just have smoked sausage cooked in the skillet with pierogies.  Definitely will be doing this again.  I have one other sausage recipe that I want to try, so we'll be trying that probably next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment