On to Pinterest to figure out what I can make with Grands. I didn't have anything already pinned, so went to the Pillsbury website to check out the recipes. The winner - Grands Taco Melts. We had everything but the salsa, so to the grocery store I went.
This was a pretty easy recipe and probably should be renamed taco calzones. That being said, I ALWAYS have issues with expanding the dough for recipes like this (see when I made calzones) AND when the recipe says thick & chunky salsa use it.
Juice is a little runny.
The "calzones" - 2 folded, 1 filled but not folded, and 1 of just the dough
The super taco calzones (2 biscuits)
This still sucks to spread out the dough.
DONE!
Super calzones DONE!
The recipe said to use the remaining salsa, cheese & sour cream. I just got a side dish of sour cream to dip bites in, but hubby got creative and made a "taco"!
A super calzone, with leftover meat mixture, salsa, sour cream & chopped lettuce on top.
I am happy to say, the Grand Taco Melts were a success. Hubby liked them and I thought they were good. It will be made again. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment