Hence From D.I.N.K. (Double Income No Kids) To O.I.N.K. (One Income No Kids). January was the first try at this new budget. I created a budget in Quicken and can run a report at the end of the month to see how we did.
Here's January's Summary:
- Over budget on:
- Auto/Gas - This is because of the travel both of us did on separate occasions (me to NY to see my family and hubby went to Canada for a family outing)
- Gas & Electric - This could be because of cooking more and being home all day using the computer, tv, etc.
- All other items were on or under budget!
Time for the rant - of course Congress & Senate will NOT be furloughed and get their whole paycheck! That's what I don't think is fair. They should also be furloughed to see how they like it.
We'll see what happens. I feel that we will be fine. Worst case, we will need to look at the variable budget items - cable/tv/internet, cell phone, dining out, etc.
NOTE: Once I do get a job (the goal is by the end of the year), we will do double payments with the 2nd payment going to the principle on the mortgage.
No comments:
Post a Comment