Saturday, July 14, 2007

Entry for July 14, 2007

Entry for July 14, 2007
07/14/2007 09:36 am
0 comments
0 trackbacks
0 Pageviews..

I had a busy day yesterday - but a good one. I felt like I actually got things done. This is my weekend to work, so off Friday and Saturday, work Sunday.



We dropped off the Jeep for it's 30,000 mile checkup, went to Chipotle, Best Buy (to get one of Mae's b-day presents), then I started my errands. AC Moore) where I didn't get what I went there for, but found a lot of other things that I bought!), Home Depot (finally bought indoor plantation shutters for the master bath and some flowers for out front), got my toes done, then grocery store. My inital plan was to head up to Leesburg and hit the Home Depot there, but then remembered the Ashburn Home Depot, where, right across the street was a nail place and Giant!



Got home, went and picked up the jeep and left the nissan for it's 50,000 checkup, then started on the pasta salad for today. Tom, Kat & the kids are coming over around 1 p.m. and Dan requested pasta salad since he didn't really get a lot last week.



We had a FREAKY storm last night at 11:30 p.m. I had just gone to bed around 10:30 or so and woke up to Esa yipping and the flash of lightning and clap of thunder. So, I went downstairs to calm Esa down. OH MY LORD - THE STORM CAME RIGHT OVER US! I was laying on the loveseat across from Esa's crate and SAW the lightning strike come down. It obviously hit something because the next thing I know, I hear the sirens. The freaky thing - within 15 minutes, gone - no rain, and lightning and thunder are in the far distance.



Let me just say, I was scared for a minute there. I thought the house was going to get hit. I'll just say it now - I have this fear of losing everything - even though it's all just material things. I think it's just because you work so hard for everything you have, and it could be gone in a flash. Of course, that can happen with people too!

No comments:

Post a Comment